Thursday, February 21, 2008

Inquiring Minds

I was unprepared for the barrage of questions that erupted from the backseat on the way home from the Salvation Army store today. I don't know why. As David snoozed, Kathryn asked me the following questions in rapid succession, in this order. After the first two I grabbed a pen from my visor and wrote them down on a napkin as I drove so I wouldn't forget.

  • Can opossums do anything? When Grant and Ella came over, Ella actually said they can do ANYTHING!
  • You hate mud, right?
  • Do you think Indians are scary? Julia does.
  • What colors do you hate?
  • Do you hate to wear white or just to look at it?
  • Were you brave when you were a little girl?
  • I wonder how they made this seat, do you know how they made this seat? Mom, do you?
This all on the heels of "Judas was NOT Jesus' friend, was he?"

Who ever said motherhood was a mindless pursuit was smoking crack!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little girl

~Loven

CKS said...

I love reading your blog...especially when posts like this come along! Parenting sounds like a true adventure.

Anonymous said...

Ella KNOWS! I wonder if that conversation was brought on by the girls bringing terror into Kaffy's world via the furry dead thing in the box.

ljm said...

That girl is a thinker! Sometimes I'm surprised by how hard it is to answer kids' questions.

Shari said...

I can just hear her.

She is amazing.