Saturday, July 14, 2007

Seven, Slowly But Surely


I remember my 7th birthday, where has the time gone? As was the custom in that day, we usually spent it traveling to New Hampshire to bring in the New Year on our knees. Because we couldn't do that in Michigan. Everybody knows God doesn't hear prayers from Michigan, only those from the base of Mt. Monadnock. It's because we say "pop" and "aunt" which rhymes with "pant" instead of "jaunt". God doesn't like those words. =)

Anyway, for some reason Brenda Wargo was along with us and I remember feeling quite mature and worthy of riding in the company of one so classy and cool when she told me I was "growing up slowly, but surely".

Now my secondborn is 7 and is growing up just as surely, but way too
quickly...

6 comments:

ljm said...

"Pop" alone is enough of a spiritual stumbling block for me. No need of that kind of talk, thank you.
Happy bday Ju-ju!

JJ said...

C'mon, tell me what you keep in your skinny cupboard above your fridge!

ljm said...

Look it up, it's in the Bible.

Anonymous said...

He also prefers His name to be pronounced correctly. “Gaud”….not “Gaaad”. We Michiganders have so much to learn about what pleases.

Why aren’t you answering your phone?! I have highly classified and important information to share with you. I’ve just returned from the 10th Annual Cullen Family Reunion…need I say more? Call me tomorrow. I have VBS until noon. Peace out.

Daughter of Divagation said...

I would tell you what I keep in that cupboard, but you would just be jealous. Mine is not skinny--it is tall as Goliath and houses five smooth crock pots.

Daughter of Divagation said...

Oh yeah. I forgot.

Ju-Ju looks much more grown up than her 6th birthday party. Maybe it is all that fresh night air.