Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Please used the other door...

I'm not out to disrespect Asians, though this, and my last post, might suggest otherwise, but...

Just two doors down from my office stands Wah Wong, one of 3 fine Chinese eateries in town. And on the front door is posted this sign. And everytime I enter, which is more often than I care to admit, I simply cannot contain my amusement.

The lunch specials make it waaaay too easy to justify the expense, the calories, the fat grams, the MSG, the breaking of child labor laws...=)...I'm just not strong enough to say NO to Lunch Special #5 too many days in a row, plus I love to laugh and I am never disappointed by the plentiful provision of opportunities to do just that with every visit or phone order..."How do I help you?"..."Pho numba plea? Okay, fi ten minute!"

(I think engrish.com is technically supposed to be Japanese in origin, but check it out for other such funnies...I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.)

So today Liane had an appointment in the same town where I work and was kind of enough to pay me a visit at my place of employment and meet my co-workers. (Actually, I insisted that she MUST and wouldn't take no for an answer, so it wasn't all about her kindness...I think she might have been a little too frightened not to comply with my wishes.)

All day I eagerly anticipated her arrival. I even dreamed about it last night. Don't think me too strange, I woke early last Thursday morning with a stomach ache because I was so excited to go strawberry picking with Amy and the kids. =) Okay, that is a little strange. Anyway, she finally arrived and brought with her her digital camera (also at my request since mine is broken) to take a picture of the sign above for my blog AND for my continued viewing pleasure at home.

Bless her bunions!

After a quick tour of the office and the photo shoot, we had a delightful visit, enjoying our quaint surroundings while seated at a picnic table adjacent to the KFC drive-thru.

It was a beautiful day!

12 comments:

ljm said...

I was VERY frightened and felt I MUST visit...I had night terrors the night before and woke up screaming five times but really once I got there and got over being SO impressed by the inside of your office, I was able to relax and enjoy all your racist jokes!

Loreo said...

To do today:

Find something amusing to smile about. Okay, I can cross that off my list now!! :)

Anonymous said...

Stop with the hatred! I see no humor in that. Hateful. Go see Nacho Libre. It will stock your humor arsenal with funny movie quotes. Jack Black is dreamy...in a chubby, hairy sort of way. Sorry, I'm just being REAL.

JJ said...

So there was a priest, a rabbi, and a Chinaman sitting in a bar...

Anonymous said...

"Where on earth is my girlfriend with the bum arm?! I cannot find her anywhere. I've visually torn apart every inch of this garage sale and she is no where to be found! I am terrified! She is going to get a stern talking to when I locate her!"

JJ said...

What was that Keith wrote about the M sisters and their world of inside jokes? Sorry people, Amy and I live much of our lives lost in a world that most outsiders cannot even pretend to understand.

Anonymous said...

Outsiders? Sheesh...our husbands don't even understand. I love you and all of our inside jokes. Today was fun. Sorry I was sick and grumpy. You need to make a new post. Let me know if you want the pictures of you and your gimp hand.

ljm said...

Hey, I made the slaw for dinner tonight...vely vely good! Do you really use 3/4 cup of sesame seeds? That's prob. the most expensive part of the whole dish!

Anonymous said...

They are expensive! The trick is to buy them at a bulk foods store rather than in a bottle in the seasoning section at the grocery. There is a great store in your area...Whole Foods. It's on the corner of Coolidge and Maple in Troy. You may have heard of it. If not, it's worth a trip to check it out. Janelle found a pound size container at a fruit market for a little over one buck....it was by the Amish store. So, not close to you. Good slaw though. Did Ethan eat it?

ljm said...

Thanks Amy--Yeah, I love whole foods but they are pretty expensive usually, although if I buy in bulk it would make more sense.
Unfortunately I couldn't get Ethan too excited about it..he mostly picked out the chicken and broccoli which he likes but he wasn't thrilled with the heathen spices. He's kind of picky though. Do your kids like it?

JJ said...

Hooray for the slaw! Glad you liked it, L! My kids don't like it either, actually they haven't even tried it. No, I don't use the full amount of seeds, probably more like halfacup, but p'raps I'll be more generous now that I have my jumbo container.

Yeah, Amy send me the gimpy hand pic so I can see if it is worth sharing with the rest of world.

Anonymous said...

Grant did like it. Although he likes slaw in general...enough to order it for himself at restaurants. Ella scratched her tongue and told me "you probably shouldn't make this anymore because I'm allergic to chili powder you know". I suppose I'll have to save it for just women events....like our scrapbooking weekends. It will be a nice addition to Janelle's cinnamon rolls and my spinach balls.
Janelle -- I will email the pictures asap! You won't be disappointed.