Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hear My Cry, O Lord...

This isn't about mice. And it isn't about my children. It's about my mother-in-law.

It was dreadful enough to hear the C word in the same sentence with our loved one for the first time six weeks ago. That would be cancer, esophageal cancer to be exact. The initial report was optimistic, but the reality of the findings since has not been consistent with that hope. Each doctor visit and test result has yielded worse results than the last until, just today, we arrived at nearly the worst case scenario.

Naturally speaking, there is not much reason for hope.

If you are not inclined to pray for divine healing, please pray for comfort, and patience, and wisdom, and peace as life and death decisions are made and we all await the outcome of those decisions.

Her name is Sharon. She is 61. She has 5 children and 14 grandchildren. I am married to her only son. I love her and I want her to live.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying with you both. We serve an amazing God and we know He will be with you all every step of the way.

All our love,

Michael and Tara

Daughter of Divagation said...

I love you, Nellie.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you, Jeff, and your family are experiencing this grief. All of you are in our thoughts, and yes, our prayers too. We love you.

kw said...

Thinking and praying for u guys...

ljm said...

So sorry to hear this news...we are praying.

lis said...

Praying!