Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tuna Tracks

This is for those who knew me back in the glorious phase of my life when I would make up gourmet tuna entrees and delicacies just for fun:

Last night I served two of the children Moose Tracks ice cream, a family favorite. The other child, surprise surprise, wanted to wait until later. You know, after the kitchen was all cleaned up and I had sat down to watch a movie. I had used up the rest of one container on the first two kids, but I knew we had a new 1/2 gallon that our neighbor had brought over the day before. However, when I went to open it, I realized it was Turtle Tracks, not Moose Tracks. Knowing this particular child does not adapt well to such sudden changes to her dietary plans, I quickly briefed her on the differences between Turtle Tracks and Moose Tracks and assured her that I had even tried a spoonful and that it really was quite tasty.

Kathryn, who was distracted by the movie and not really paying attention, interrupted disgustedly, "WHAAAT?! Did you say TUNA tracks?"

Tuna Tracks...mmmm...that sounds good...I'll have some of that!

3 comments:

Claire said...

I really did laugh out loud at this. TUNA TRACKS!!! The next great icecream flavor to be discovered! You'll make a fortune, I'm sure. It made me think of the episode of The Apprentice where they had to invent a new flavor of icecream and market it on the streets of NYC...

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHH the days of tuna schooner... I still feel bad serving any kind of tuna dish to this day! Did you explain to her that there was only one can of tuna to the gallon? We need Emeril to make tuna a little more appealing!

tmf

Lori said...

I actually made "Tuna Stuffed Potatoes" for dinner tonight, an old Weight Watcher's recipe, which is really good(especially since I changed the nonfat yogurt to sour cream). Moose tracks ice cream is SO GOOD! Love Dave's rocker outfit!