Saturday, November 17, 2007

Miserable Robots

I should just create a blog for Kathryn. But for now her antics shall be reported here.

There is a song the kids sing at church called "Great Big God".

I heard her singing it in the bathtub last Saturday. I joined in with her.

Our God is a great big God (3x)
And He holds us in His hands

But that was the easy part. I was curious to see how many of the words she knew herself, so periodically I would stop singing to see if she would continue.

He's higher than a skyscraper
And deeper than a submarine
He's wider than the universe
And beyond my wildest dreams

Every time I stopped she carried on, tune and all, and didn't miss a single word. Until...

And He's known me and He's loved me
Since before the world began
How wonderful to be a part
Of God's...aaa..mmm...MISERABLE plan

=) (It's supposed to be amazing plan.)

Yesterday afternoon I had a bad headache. Surprising, I know. I got David down for his nap and got Kathryn situated with something on Noggin, and then told her I was going to lie down until the older kids came home from school in about 20 minutes. I told her NOT to come upstairs to ask me when I was getting up and that I would be getting up when her show was over.

Seven or so minutes later I heard my bedroom door hinges squeak followed by a tap tap upon my shoulder.

"Mom, can I have some salami?"

I told her she could if she could reach it herself, but that I would NOT be getting up until the kids came home and reminded her again NOT to come in my room unless it was an emergency.

In all seriousness she asked, "Like if robots come or something?"

I am wondering if she meant Mormons because we had a visit from a couple recently. Or perhaps even Jehovah's Witnesses because we had a disturbing encounter with some who would not leave the porch and were peeking in the window several months ago.

Or maybe she really meant robots. Who even knows? In any event they did not come.

2 comments:

kw said...

Hey-we sing that at our church too...I can't keep up with all the actions...

Action J. said...

Guess who my "Miserable Robots" are?
My sisters of course!!!!