Friday, September 22, 2006

Ridin' Dirty

Today while at JoAnn Fabrics I saw a sweetish looking elderly lady. I can't be certain of her age, but I am thinking she was at least 150 years old. Far too old to be able to even hear a cell phone ringing, much less to own one, much less to know what button to press to answer it, and much MUCH less to have a racy ringtone.

I was minding my own business browsing the single-fold bias tape when I heard a familiar tune jingling nearby, plain as day a naughty-ish rap/hip hop song called Ridin', followed by a shaky "Hello".

I smiled to myself.

"They see me rollin'...They hatin'...Patrollin' and tryna catch me ridin' dirty...My music's so loud...I'm swangin'...They hopin' that they gon' catch me ridin' dirty..."

FYI: Wikipedia defines "riding dirty" as: Participating in illegal activity while in a motor vehicle, which could include:

* Driving a vehicle that contains contraband
* Driving a vehicle without a license
* Driving a vehicle without the proper paperwork mandated by that
state
* Driving a stolen motor vehicle
* Being a passenger during any of these situations

I caught that little stinker red-handed, ridin' dirty if ever there were a dirty rider in all of the JoAnn Fabrics Friday Morning 40% Off Sale.

Dirrrrr-tay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh. You really should keep writing.

I would like to expand your readership. I hope you don't mind that I posted your blog site on the bathroom wall.

For a good read, check out www.idontevenwannablog.blogspot.com

Best muffins in Flent!

Anonymous said...

She stole my ringtone!!

Umm, did I tell you that Grant sang that song at our Family Reunion Talent Show? He was right after Little Ms. Stuck-Up.

"Ridin' Dirtay" according to Grant - "when your driving all crazy and then you're in the mud and then someone can't catch you to give you a ticket. Yep." Who needs Wikipedia when you have the wealth of knowledge that is GDM?

Loreo said...

Oh my goodness--that's funny. Her great-great grandkids must have thought they were pretty hilarious to give deaf old granny that tune.